Welcome

Welcome to my blog. My blogging journey began about in August 2009 as a photo-a-day blog which has since transitioned to combine my love of good food and photography. Today, using as many local and fresh ingredients as we can, my boyfriend and myself spend time researching recipes, making our own adaptations, cooking, taking photos, eating, and finally reflecting on all or part of the above listed process here. I hope you take the time to not only read and look at our photos, but please cook some of the recipes yourself. You are invited and encourage to leave feedback as we continue our culinary journey!

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Reader Contest Prize Redeemed

Last weekend, Dan and Hannah came over for dinner in order to claim their reader contest prize.

We cooked a wonderful dinner of homemade pizza and chocolate cherry dump cake. And Dan was given his long awaited crockpot, so now he can make many more of these recipes on this blog!

Making the dinner was a lengthy process...when making pizza it seems like torture to wait for the dough to rise. But, it was fun, and in the end, all the waiting made the meal even better. Here are some photos of the slow cooker gifting and our reader prize dinner party.

Enjoy!







1 comment:

  1. I used the slow cooker! Yay! I made pulled pork sandwiches by putting a big shoulder roast in with a bottle of root beer, then draining it and putting it on low with some BBQ sauce for an hour. There wasn't enough liquid the last hour so the edges got a bit burned, but it was yummy anyway.

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete