Welcome

Welcome to my blog. My blogging journey began about in August 2009 as a photo-a-day blog which has since transitioned to combine my love of good food and photography. Today, using as many local and fresh ingredients as we can, my boyfriend and myself spend time researching recipes, making our own adaptations, cooking, taking photos, eating, and finally reflecting on all or part of the above listed process here. I hope you take the time to not only read and look at our photos, but please cook some of the recipes yourself. You are invited and encourage to leave feedback as we continue our culinary journey!

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Blueberry Yogurt Chocolate Chip Pancakes

I tend to go in phases with this blog and my cooking. About four months ago I went through a 'soup' phase. Lately, I find myself very interested in breakfast/brunch items, as you can see from my last post: Strawberry Cake. A french toast casserole is coming up as well...

Normally I would not make pancakes for dinner. In fact, I don't even really like pancakes. But when I saw this recipe featured on my favorite food blog, I had to adapt the recipe and try it myself. Daniele would never approve of pancakes for dinner, so I invited a friend over (Dan, the famous blog contest winner. I've been told he has to turn down people for autographs all the time) since Daniele happens to be away. Dan and I happily spent our Friday night cooking (and eating) these pancakes.

Blueberry Yogurt Pancakes
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup plain yogurt
  • 3 tablespoons butter
  • 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
  • 3/4 cup all purpose flour
  • 2 tablespoon sugar
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup blueberries
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Melt half of your butter and stir in the other unmelted half. Set aside for a moment. In a bowl, whisk together yogurt and eggs together. Add butter, lemon zest, and vanilla extract.


In a separate bowl, mix your dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix wet and dry ingredients together and mix thoroughly.


Add blueberries and chocolate chips to the batter. Heat 1 tablespoon butter on a skillet and when melted, add 3-4 scoops of approximately 1/2 cup of batter. Flatten batter in skillet and flip after about 5 minutes. Remove pancakes from skillet when cooked through. If you want to keep the pancakes warm while you cook the remainder, preheat your oven to 200 degrees and put the finished pancakes on a baking sheet in the oven while you finish cooking the rest of the batter.


Enjoy with your favorite toppings (whipped cream, maple syrup, butter, lemon juice, ice cream) and whatever you do, don't drop half the batch on your kitchen floor like I did! Don't worry, I ate them anyway.

Sorry, these photos are not high quality. Oh well.



2 comments:

  1. I just made these this morning (minus chocolate chips)! They are so good! Love the lemon zest in them :)

    ReplyDelete