Welcome

Welcome to my blog. My blogging journey began about in August 2009 as a photo-a-day blog which has since transitioned to combine my love of good food and photography. Today, using as many local and fresh ingredients as we can, my boyfriend and myself spend time researching recipes, making our own adaptations, cooking, taking photos, eating, and finally reflecting on all or part of the above listed process here. I hope you take the time to not only read and look at our photos, but please cook some of the recipes yourself. You are invited and encourage to leave feedback as we continue our culinary journey!

Monday, July 18, 2011

Feed

I've been making some site visits at work lately with our CEO. A few weeks ago we found ourselves in Humbolt Park around lunchtime, we were in an area where there was not much in terms of restaurants, so after driving a few blocks we decided to try a diner-looking establishment at Grand and California called Feed. The restaurant is small: only about 25 people could find a seat inside, and even that would be pushing it.

The restaurant serves southern comfort food and has the decor to match. Lots of BBQ, baked beans, corn pudding, spinach, and the list goes on and on. I felt a little bit embarrassed to take photos of my food, but I absolutely had to...everything was awesome. You have to go out of your way to visit this establishment, but the reviews prove that it is worth it. I need to go back for breakfast...I want to try the biscuits and gravy!

I had a pulled pork sandwich with french fries and succotash (I had never had succotash before but it was ah-maz-ing!). Everything was good actually, and I don't even like BBQ that much. My boss had three sides: succotash, beets, and some type of greens.

I beg you, go give this fine neighborhood a little love! (And bring cash, as they are cash only).


1 comment: