Welcome

Welcome to my blog. My blogging journey began about in August 2009 as a photo-a-day blog which has since transitioned to combine my love of good food and photography. Today, using as many local and fresh ingredients as we can, my boyfriend and myself spend time researching recipes, making our own adaptations, cooking, taking photos, eating, and finally reflecting on all or part of the above listed process here. I hope you take the time to not only read and look at our photos, but please cook some of the recipes yourself. You are invited and encourage to leave feedback as we continue our culinary journey!

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Grilled Veggies with Goat Cheese and Basil

With Daniele gone, my eating habits transform almost completely vegetarian in an instant. It's not that I don't like meat, it's just that I feel healthier and I prefer the taste of fresh fruits and vegetables, especially in the summer. And with Daniele not putting the pressure on to eat meals with meat in them..I simply don't do it.

Also, it's difficult to cook for one, therefore, simple is better. I like to use few ingredients with strong flavors to really savor the taste of the fresh produce. Yum.

This one truly is simple, and I recommend it for a night you need to cook for yourself...or, it could even be an impressive side dish when entertaining.

Zucchini and Summer Squash with Goat Cheese and Basil
-1 summer squash, sliced vertically
-1 zucchini, sliced vertically
-1/3 cup crumpled goat cheese
-1/4 cup chopped basil
-olive oil
-lemon juice
-pepper
-salt

After slicing your vegetables, place on a grill. Or, I used a George Foreman. Grill zucchini and summer squash for about 5-7 minutes, flipping once if necessary. Top the vegetables with a hint of salt and pepper, as well as a drizzle of olive oil and lemon juice. Place goat cheese and chopped basil on top of the zucchini and summer squash and enjoy instantly.


1 comment:

  1. this is a great idea! I'll bookmark it. Im trying to loose a lot of weight and I was killing myself thinking of stuff to cook without using flour! Yum this sounds great!

    ReplyDelete