Welcome

Welcome to my blog. My blogging journey began about in August 2009 as a photo-a-day blog which has since transitioned to combine my love of good food and photography. Today, using as many local and fresh ingredients as we can, my boyfriend and myself spend time researching recipes, making our own adaptations, cooking, taking photos, eating, and finally reflecting on all or part of the above listed process here. I hope you take the time to not only read and look at our photos, but please cook some of the recipes yourself. You are invited and encourage to leave feedback as we continue our culinary journey!

Monday, July 25, 2011

Sausage, Kale, and Red Potato Soup

In case you are wondering, yes, I actually did cook this one in the midst of the 100+ degree heat. I know, horrible horrible planning, as usual. But somehow this recipe appealed to me and I would definitely repeat it...but  maybe on a cooler day next time.


Sausage, Kale, and Red Potato Soup
2 Italian sausages
1 medium onion, diced
1 carrot, sliced
6 cups chicken broth
1 lb red potatoes, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 small bunch kale, copped
1 cup milk


Remove the skin from your sausage and crumple over the stove. Cook on low until browned.  Remove the sausage from the skillet and add carrots and onions and cook for 10 minutes, until soft.

Place all 6 cups of chicken broth in a large saucepan and add the sausage, onions, carrots, along with diced potatoes and kale. Let the soup come to a boil and then let the soup simmer for about 30 minutes, until potatoes are cooked. Stir in one cup of milk and serve.






1 comment:

  1. This sounds like the "caldo verde" my grandmother used to make.

    ReplyDelete