Welcome

Welcome to my blog. My blogging journey began about in August 2009 as a photo-a-day blog which has since transitioned to combine my love of good food and photography. Today, using as many local and fresh ingredients as we can, my boyfriend and myself spend time researching recipes, making our own adaptations, cooking, taking photos, eating, and finally reflecting on all or part of the above listed process here. I hope you take the time to not only read and look at our photos, but please cook some of the recipes yourself. You are invited and encourage to leave feedback as we continue our culinary journey!

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Strawberry Cake

My reader numbers have been low lately, so hopefully this will be a recipe that gets them back up. It is afterall, one of my favorite recipes since I have started this food blog experience over a year ago.

I'm not a big dessert person, but for one reason or another I really like fruity cakes. Maybe because there is some level of nutritional value to them so I can justify overindulging, I don't know. Not only does this one taste delicious but it also looks beautiful. Surprisingly easy to make, and yet if you are entertaining, I promise this one will impress...

Strawberry Cake

  • 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, warm
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon table salt
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1  egg
  • 1/2 cup  milk
  • 1 teaspoon  vanilla extract
  • 1 pound strawberries, chopped
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and butter a 10 inch springform pan. Mix flour, baking soda and salt together in a large bowl. In a separate bowl,  beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Then, mix in egg, milk, and vanilla to the butter mixture. Add in dry mixture until smooth.

Pour cake batter into the springform pan. Add strawberries to the top of the batter and sprinkle them with about 2 tablespoons more sugar. Bake cake for about 50 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through. Enjoy immediately. Make plenty for leftovers.

Kid tested. Mother approved.






3 comments:

  1. my favorite part is that adorable blond baby eating the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whose kid is that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The baby's name is Ruby. (Ruthie and Brad's daughter). She loved the strawberry cake!

    ReplyDelete