Welcome

Welcome to my blog. My blogging journey began about in August 2009 as a photo-a-day blog which has since transitioned to combine my love of good food and photography. Today, using as many local and fresh ingredients as we can, my boyfriend and myself spend time researching recipes, making our own adaptations, cooking, taking photos, eating, and finally reflecting on all or part of the above listed process here. I hope you take the time to not only read and look at our photos, but please cook some of the recipes yourself. You are invited and encourage to leave feedback as we continue our culinary journey!

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Lemony Swiss Chard Pesto

And here I am blogging about yet another thing that I would not be allowed to cook if D were here. This time, not because he doesn't like the ingredients, but because it is obviously against the rules to cook an Italian recipe with non-traditional ingredients. Clearly, every pesto needs to be made with basil, parmesan, olive oil, and pine nuts (according to D). Sorry sweetie, but you are so wrong. I'll need to try a brocolli pesto before he returns next month...

Lemony Swiss Chard Pesto
1/2 bunch swiss chard, washed and chopped
Zest and juice from 1 lemon
1 clove garlic, minced
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons Parmesan
2 tablespoons olive oil


Combine swiss chard, lemon zest and juice and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Add parmesan and begin to process. Slowly stream in olive oil and process until a smooth paste forms. Serve over spaghetti.

Admittedly, this is not my favorite pasta sauce, but it was nice for something different.




2 comments:

  1. even though I absolutely love the original pesto (or maybe because of this!) I approve of variations :) I recently made a great sorrel and almond pesto and a garlic scapes pesto - very good but kind of heavy. never tried swiss chard (in pesto or otherwise), that red stem kind of scares me off.. but I'm getting braver and I'll try sooner or later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, your version of pesto sounds great, Cecilia!

    ReplyDelete